I am absolutely loving the DC food scene right now or rather, what it is evolving into. And this is particularly due to one single reason: Noodles. So versatile, so warm for the soul, and oh so delicious.
Did I not already mention what I intend my last meal on Earth to be? I clearly am not in the minority here either > http://fuckyeahnoodles.tumblr.com/
Back to the topic at hand — noodles in DC. To my absolute gastronomic pleasure, a few places have been popping up lately and a few more will be popping up in our near future. I’m excited especially because our area had been severely lacking in noodles of several cuisines (phở, being the fine exception). You may ask, “Well, what about Thai? There is plenty of pad thai and pad see ew to go around.” Why yes, there sure is. But what is truly lacking are Thai noodle soup shops, which are in exuberant abundance in Thailand. When I think of Thailand, I think of the noodle soups.
Ok here we go.
- Toki Underground | Ramen | 1234 H Street, NE Washington, DC | Opens April 1st
- DC Noodles | Thai Noodle Soups and Combinations | 1410 U Street NW, Washington, DC 20009
- BaBay | Modern Vietnamese (pho, bun bo hue) | 633 Pennsylvania Ave., SE Washington, DC 20003
- Nooshi | Noodles and Sushi | 1120 19th Street NW, Washington, DC 20039
- Noodles on 11 | Asian Noodles | 1100 New York Ave., NW Washington, DC 20005
In the News:
- Unnamed Ramen Shop from the owners of Sushiko [article] | Ramen | Chinatown/Verizon Center, Washington, DC | Unknown opening date.
- Word on the street, Kushi‘s next restaurant idea will be noodles! [article]
Non-DC Points of Interest:
- Thai Square | Yen Ta Fo on Thai menu| 3217 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204 (this is my go-to for one of my favorite Thai seafood noodle soups)
- Ren’s Ramen [info] | Ramen | Wheaton, MD | Opens Spring 2011
- Temari Japanese Cafe | Ramen | 1043 Rockville Pike Rockville, MD 20852 | Yelp
- Pho Sate | Vietnamese Noodle Soups with Sate sauce | 2814 Graham Rd, Falls Church, VA 22042
I LOVE NOODS!